April 16, 2008

caffè espresso

As I sit here, listening to the wind and rain pounding on the nearby windows that haven't had to filter much light as of late, I'm becoming increasingly anxious to travel to the south of Spain where I like to pretend there is sunshine 365 days/year and warm (not hot) weather from April 1 - March 31. Apparently, Portugal is only sunny and warm on the weekends.



As seen in the Lisbon neigbourhood of Alfama on the weekend.

This week's wet spell hasn't put a damper on things since I've spent the better part of Monday-Wednesday planning for the next portion of my trip. However, it does leave me with very little to report. Unless of course, you're interested in knowing that it costs less to purchase a new connecting flight home and add in some additional travel than change the date of the existing one. Then again, perhaps you're just interested in knowing that I am sleeping plenty because the extremely tight, outdoor blinds drawn over my window at night prevent my circadium rhtyhm from beign very rhythmic and that I'm concurrently developing a greater appreciation for espresso. My hosts have a nice little Nespresso machine; small, simple, shwank. Delicious.

No comments: